Pebble Beach Resorts’ Pèppoli Restaurant Hires John Gehrman as GM
Pebble Beach Resorts’ Pèppoli restaurant is now under the guiding hand of newly appointed General Manager John Gehrman, who joined the landmark California company from nearby Carmel-by-the-Sea’s La Bicyclette Restaurant this fall. In his previous post, which he held for four years, Gehrman was responsible for managing all restaurant operations, its wine program, event planning, and staff training and oversight. His management experience in the Monterey Bay restaurant community runs deep, also including a post as general manager for Casanova Restaurant in Carmel-by-the-Sea. Here’s other news coming out of the 100-year-old resort’s signature Italian restaurant:
The ultimate business trip – an expedition through Italy to explore the country’s latest culinary flavors and techniques – has inspired an updated seasonal menu by Pèppoli’s Chef de Cuisine Angela Tamura. Prized for its award-winning Tuscan-style cuisine, unparalleled selection of Antinori wines, and sweeping ocean views, the new menu at The Inn at Spanish Bay restaurant will also include a limited-time spotlight on white truffles, available Nov. 8-17, to commemorate the U.S. White Truffle Festival.
New seasonal dishes making their fall debut at Pèppoli include:
- A dish inspired by Chef Tamura’s visit to the streets of Rome – Braised Colorado Lamb Croquettes with Hand-Crushed Salsa Verde
- A nod to the Tuscan tradition of enjoying a glass of vin santo at the conclusion of a meal with a biscotti for dipping – Gianduja Semifreddo: Frozen Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut Custard, Biscotti Crumble Crust and Antinori Vin Santo
- Homage to the bakeries of Florence, where Harvest Grape cakes abound – Thompson Grape and Almond Tart with Bellwether Farms’ Ricotta Gelato
White truffle enthusiasts can enjoy the following dishes this November:
- Tajarin Egg Tagliolini with Alba White Truffles, Reggiano Cheese and Organic Schoch Family Dairy Butter
- Kobe Beef Tenderloin Tartar with Shaved White Truffles
- Grilled Veal Chop topped with Truffles, Smoked Mashed Potatoes and Nebbiolo red wine jus
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.